Rewards for being diligent:
Diligence vs. Slothfulness
"Visualizing each task as a special assignment from the Lord and using all my energies to accomplish it." (IBLP)
"Whatever your task, work heartily, as serving the Lord and not men" RSV
The rewards for diligence
1. Proverbs 10:4 “…The hand of the diligent makes rich.”
* You will be rich.
2. Proverbs 12:24 “The hand of the diligent will rule…” RSV
* You will be given authority.
3. Proverbs 12:27 “…The substance of a diligent man is precious.” KJV
* You will enjoy your possessions.
4. Proverbs 13:4 “…The soul of the diligent is richly supplied.” RSV
* You will be richly supplied or become prosperous.
5. Proverbs 21:5 “The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance…” RSV
* You will be creative and resourceful.
6. Proverbs 11:27 “He who diligently seeks good seeks favor…” RSV
* You will obtain favor.
7. Proverbs 22:29 “Do you see a man skilful in his work? he will stand before kings…” RSV
* You will be given honor.
Areas in our life to be Diligent
1. Be diligent to remember the truths that God has shown you.
See Deuteronomy 4:9 (Hb #3966-greatly)
2. Be diligent to teach God’s Word to your children and grandchildren.
See Deuteronomy 4:9; 6:7 (Hb #8150-intensively; sharpen)
3. Be diligent to keep all of God’s commandments.
See Deuteronomy 6:17 (Hb #8104-to guard, to protect a watchman)
4. Be diligent to guard your affections.
See Proverbs 4:23 (Hb #4929-to keep guard)
5. Be diligent to add to your faith.
See 2 Peter 1:5 (Gk #4710-“speed”, eagerness)
6. Be diligent to minister to other Christians.
See Hebrews 6:10-12 (Gk #4710-earnestness)
7. Be diligent in seeking the Lord.
See Hebrews 11:6 (Gk #1567-to search out, investigate, crave, scrutinize)
8. Be diligent to remove roots of bitterness.
See Hebrews 12:15 (Gk #1983-to beware)
9. Be diligent to avoid swindlers and frauds.
See Proverbs 23:1-3 (Hb #995-discern, understand, distinguish)
10. Be diligent to know the condition of those under your spiritual care.
See Proverbs 27:23 (Hb #3045-to recognize, be acquainted with)
11. Be diligent in leadership.
See Romans 12:8 (Gk #4710-despatch, zeal)
12. Be diligent in evangelism.
See Luke 15:8-10 (Gk #1960-carefully)
13. Be diligent in teaching.
See Acts 18:24-25 (Gk #199-exactly, accurately)
Consider the following portions in God's word.
Proverbs 6:6-11 (TLB)
“Take a lesson from the ants, you lazy fellow. Learn from their ways and be wise!
7 For though they have no king to make them work,
8 yet they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter.
9 But you—all you do is sleep. When will you wake up?
10 "Let me sleep a little longer!" Sure, just a little more!
11 And as you sleep, poverty creeps upon you like a robber and destroys you; want attacks you in full armor.”
Proverbs 30:24-28 (TLB)
“There are four things that are small but unusually wise:
25 Ants: they aren’t strong, but store up food for the winter.
26 Cliff badgers: delicate little animals who protect themselves by living among the rocks.
27 The locusts: though they have no leader, they stay together in swarms.
28 The lizards: they are easy to catch and kill, yet are found even in king’s palaces!”
Original source: Character Sketches Vol 3 Pages 132-134 ©Institute in Basic Life Principles. Used with permission.
Click here and discover more!