Speaking in Tongues Benefit 4 Reminder of Spirit’s indwelling presence
1. We live in a complicated and mixed up world.
2. We cannot afford to make our lives complicated and mixed up matching the world. (Consider this verse)
20 Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom for the future. RSV
3. Good advice. We should be less complicated as we go and maintain orderliness in our life.
1 O LORD, my heart is not lifted up, my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me. (From a different translation) “I am not concerned with great matters or with subjects too difficult for me.” TEV
2 But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a child quieted at its mother's breast; like a child that is quieted is my soul. RSV
4. When things get too complicated (difficult, complex, too involved) and mixed up we tend to forget the things of God.
Mark 4:18-19 (Parable of the sower)
18 And the ones sown among the thorns are others who hear the Word;
19 Then the cares and anxieties of the world and distractions of the age, and the pleasure and delight and false glamour and deceitfulness of riches, and the craving and passionate desire for other things creep in and choke and suffocate the Word, and it becomes fruitless. AMP
5. If we are too complicated and mixed up and the word within us is suffocating how can we help someone in that condition?
6. Becoming to complicated and confused and God’s word within us choked will hinder our assignment, mission, and direction that are given to us by our Lord.
7. Evangelism is our assignment, mission, and direction. (One of our assignments)
8. Jesus has given us the command to go out into the world and evangelize.
9. Within our evangelistic mission, we have a message to give to the world. (Full Gospel)
10. Personally, I have made a Decision to evangelize and put Action to that decision.
11. I made a decision to be Diligent, sharp enough to cut the lid off any part of God’s agenda and give it to the people. Wisdom, persuasiveness, and cautiousness will be needed.
Prayer and reminders
12. Prayer will be needed before we evangelize.
13. Reminders will be needed to keep us on track as we evangelize.
14. If we can stay God-conscious, we will behave and head in the right direction.
15. The question. How can we be mindful of God’s indwelling presence throughout the day to maintain our focus?
16. Part of the answer. All we need to do is remember ONE thing.
Continue listening for the ONE thing!
Click here. Part 6