Coat on the rack! Your robe of righteousness! (Object lesson #3)
See introduction from part 1 for clarity.
Let us continue with our next object lesson.
(Highlighted text added)
Coat on the rack: (Object lesson)
As we move forward, ponder on these portions of God’s word. Keep in mind the coats on the racks. Think in spiritual terms.
10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. (NKJV)
17 If, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ. RSV
3 For you have died, and your life is hid with Christ in God. RSV
Here is some research.
Greek definition for “hid”: NT: G2928
24.30 NT: 2928: to cause something to be invisible (in the sense of being hidden), but for the purpose of safekeeping and protection - 'to hide, to make invisible, to make hidden and safe.' (From Greek-English Lexicon)
20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.
the righteous are bold as a lion. RSV
This is what those in Christ have, can enjoy, and share with others.
1. We are clothed with the garments of salvation, He has covered us with the robe of righteousness.
2. We have received the abundance of grace.
3. We have received the free gift of righteousness.
4. We reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ.
5. From God’s perspective we are okay or have right standing with Him because of Jesus.
6. God sees Jesus before He sees us.
7. We have died in Christ through water baptism.
4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. (NKJV)
8. Our life is hid (We are hidden) with Christ in God for the purpose of safekeeping and protection.
9. See if you can draw circles based on John 14:20.
20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. NKJV
10. We must see ourselves as God sees us to prevent self-condemnation or criticism.
11. When we see ourselves rightly, we will be bold as a lion.
12. Here is a character quality to consider.
Boldness vs. Fearfulness
“Confidence that what I have to say or do is true and right and just in the sight of God.” *(IBLP)
13. The result of boldness enables us to share with others about Jesus and to exercise our delegated authority against the kingdom of darkness.
19 Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you.
20 Nevertheless, do not rejoice at this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are enrolled in heaven. (AMP)
Related spiritual food.
Click here. Object lesson #4
*Used with permission from the Institute in Basic Life Principles.