Ever Full of Sap Part 12 Conclusion Life change_give, receive, apply and results to enjoy
Two preview clips of this teaching.
Clip #1 Importance of repetition!
Clip #2 God is saying to get moving!
Some highlights to the teaching. (Written form)
(Highlighted text added)
1 Corinthians 15:13-14
“But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised; 14 if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith#4102 is in vain.” RSV
1. Greek definition for the word "Faith": #4102: The content of what Christians believe
(From Greek-English Lexicon Based on Semantic Domain)
2. Our preaching is not in vain or empty.
3. Why, because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
4. Our faith (The content of what we believe from God's Word) is not in vain or empty. (Why, because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ)
5. Believers are to preach SAP. (God's Word not our own thinking)
6. Term: "Scripture twisters" These are people who twist God's Word to suit their own likings.
7. Consider the following portions of God's Word.
2 Peter 3:16-17
“Speaking of this as he does in all of his letters. There are some things in those [epistles of Paul] that are difficult to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist #4761 and misconstrue to their own utter destruction, just as [they distort and misinterpret] the rest of the Scriptures.
8. Greek definitions: (Wrest or twist #4761) to pervert, of one who wrests (or twists) or tortures language to a false sense, crooked, change the meaning of, to explain falsely
17 Let me warn you therefore, beloved, that knowing these things beforehand, you should be on your guard, (VM = alertness) lest you be carried away by the error of lawless and wicked [persons and] fall from your own [present] firm condition [your own steadfastness of mind].” AMP
2 Peter 3:18
“But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.” RSV
2 Timothy 4:3-5
“For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander into myths. 5 As for you, always be steady, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfil your ministry.” RSV
9. One-character quality needed is "alertness". "Be on guard" 2 Peter 3:17.
Alertness vs. Unawareness
“Being aware of that which is taking place around me so that I can have the right responses to them.” (IBLP)
10. Remember, I consider sap as or like the Word of God in the life of the believer. (Psalms 92:14)
11. I consider effective SAP as doing the Word of God. (Rightly divided)
12. Other terms used in the past have been: (Potential energy and kinetic energy)
13. Doing the Word of God turns our potential energy into kinetic energy.
14. Kinetic energy is associated with motion.
15. In Peter's Pentecostal sermon beginning in Acts, 2:14 he came and spoke God's Word to the people. (SAP, the content of God's Word, potential energy)
“But Peter, standing with the eleven, lifted up his voice and addressed them, "Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and give ear to my words.” RSV (SAP)
In Acts 2:37 it says, "Now when they heard this (SAP) they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brethren, what shall we do?" RSV
16. They were interested in life change; they needed to move forward with God.
17. Peter told them what to do.
“And Peter said to them, "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children and to all that are far off, every one whom the Lord our God calls to him." 40 And he testified with many other words and exhorted them, saying, "Save yourselves from this crooked generation.” RSV
18. They turned SAP potential energy into kinetic energy by receiving what Peter said and actually did something about it.
Acts 2:41 (Received, applied, results)
“Then those who gladly received his word (SAP) were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.” NKJV
19. Now in Acts 2:42 we see another degree (level or measure) of application.
20. In other words, they were not satisfied with just water baptism but continued in at least four other areas of SAP or potential energy.
“And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.” RSV
21. This is why we should meet together.
22. Being here today is doing the Word of God and will cause things in our life to move or change to some degree.
Hebrews 10:24-25 (Church congregation, Bible group and so on)
“and let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” RSV
23. To some degree means depending on what we actually do, with what we learn.
24. I come to you today, with the Word of God. (SAP, the content of God's Word, potential energy)
25. When we meet together there are things to give, receive, apply and results to enjoy.
(1) God gives to us
(2) I give to you
(3) You gladly receive
(4) You apply
(5) You enjoy the results
26. One piece of wood in a fire pit will go out quickly. On the other hand, several pieces of wood together keep the fire hot.
27. Therefore, as we move forward, realize that what I am saying (SAP) is not in vain, empty, or void. (Why, because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ)
“For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, [2 Corinthians 9:10.]
11 So shall My word (VM = SAP) be that goes forth out of My mouth: it (VM = SAP) shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it (VM = SAP) shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it (VM = SAP) shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.” (VM = SAP) AMP
28. One of the last things I said involving Genesis 15:11 which states:
Genesis 15:11 (SAP verse)
"And when the vultures#5861 (Bird of prey, a swooper) came down on the carcasses, (1) Abram (2) drove (3) them (4) away".
29. The Bible does not indicate how many times the vultures swooped down toward the sacrifice.
30. No matter how many attacks, let us be challenged and become the following verses.
1 Corinthians 15:57-58 (SAP verses)
“But thanks be to God, Who gives us the victory [making us conquerors] through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be firm (steadfast), immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord [always being superior, excelling, doing more than enough in the service of the Lord], knowing and being continually aware that your labor in the Lord is not futile [it is never wasted or to no purpose].” AMP
31. Next time we meet. I will continue to teach (Effective SAP) knowing that it is not in vain, empty or void because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Click here. Part 1. It will be worth the effort!