Gates, Roads and Detours Part 1 God gives us the answer
Highlights to the teaching:
1. There are two gates in the world.
2. One gate leads to a spacious wide road.
3. One gate leads to a narrow compressed road.
"Enter through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and spacious and broad is the way that leads away to destruction, and many are those who are entering through it.
14 But the gate is narrow (contracted by pressure) and the way is straitened and compressed that leads away to life, and few are those who find it." AMP
1. God makes everything clear.
(A) Two gates. (Wide and Narrow)
(B) Two roads. (Destruction and Life)
2. Question. Which gate is the right one? God gives us the answer. “Enter through the narrow gate”. (Matthew 7:13)
3. In the Old Testament God again gives us the answer. “Choose life”.
Jeremiah 21:8 (God makes it very clear)
8 "And to this people you shall say: 'Thus says the LORD: Behold, I set before you the way of life and the way of death. RSV
Deuteronomy 30:19 (God gives us the answer)
"I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse; therefore choose life, that you and your descendants may live, RSV
4. Statement. When we received Jesus we chose the narrow gate, which leads to life. (Salvation)
5. A person who does not receive Jesus chooses the gate that leads to destruction."
(No Salvation and without Jesus)
Learn more by listening to the full teaching.
Click here for part 2.