Eating Bread of Life vs. Eating the bread of sorrows
Hello, all Royal Prayer Guards and all those who join us!
Thank you for your endurance as we move through the pressures of this life.
This is a challenging and difficult time in our country and the world. We might not know why things happen. However, God’s Word makes it very clear what we can and should do each day.
This prayer focus is for those in Christ, very much needed now!
May this material encourage everyone!
Questions for those in Christ Jesus!
What bread are we filling (stuffing) our life (our heart) with?
What are we filling our time with?
Training ourselves and our family together
This is a good time to strengthen our relationship with God. Since many are home, we can spend some time training ourselves and our family together to seek God and HIS wisdom.
1 Timothy 4:7 (AMP)
“Train yourself toward godliness (piety), [keeping yourself spiritually fit].”
Proverbs 22:6 (AMP)
“Train up a child in the way he should go [and in keeping with his individual gift or bent], and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
Think about the following:
1. All those in Christ need to pay attention to what they are watching, talking about, consuming, and feeding on, involving any troublesome area of life! Keep in mind, that the media in its many forms can be extremely dangerous!
2. It comes down to the Bread of Life vs. the bread of sorrows.
Consider the following:
(Highlighted text added)
John 6:35 (NKJV)
“And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.”
John 6:48 (NKJV)
“I am the bread of life.”
John 6:51 (NKJV)
“I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world."
3. It is our choice to feed on Jesus, our Living Bread found in the Bible or the bread of sorrows found in the world.
Psalm 127:2 (NKJV)
“It is vain for you to rise up early, To sit up late, To eat the bread of sorrows; For so He gives His beloved sleep.”
Psalm 127:2 (AMP)
“It is vain for you to rise up early, to take rest late, to eat the bread of [anxious] toil—for He gives [blessings] to His beloved in sleep.”
Proverbs 12:25 (AMP)
“Anxiety in a man's heart weighs it down, but an encouraging word makes it glad.”
1. The bread of sorrows can come from the news, Facebook, and other forms of social media.
2. Eating means taking it in our life. (Watching, listening, talking, consuming, feeding on, and any type of communication) (Giving and receiving)
3. Eating the bread of sorrows will hinder our sleep.
4. More bread of sorrows amounts to more weight (Worry) in our life.
5. More weight means depression.
1. Starve eating the bread (news…) of sorrows.
2. Look up the word “sorrow” to know what to avoid.
3. Read God’s Word (scriptures) for encouragement.
4. Look up the word “encouragement” to lift yourself up and give hope.
5. Feed on Jesus and His Word and enjoy your sleep.
Romans 15:4 (RSV)
“For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that by steadfastness and by the encouragement of the scriptures we might have hope.”
Matthew 4:4 (NKJV)
“But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.' "
Click here. Insights from John Marino-Peace
Click here. Choose wisely! Giant Sequoia Tree or the Palm tree?
Click here. Lord’s Supper (Communion) at home
Click here. Consider this valuable video! Be ready!!
Click here. Special message! Does Life Feel out of Control? Remember These 3 Things:
Note, I realize that our country is experiencing a difficult time.
I believe God is waiting for our prayers, not our complaining!
The Lord is watching over His Word to perform it not our opinions or complaining. (Jeremiah 1:12)
Have we been praying over our president, those in authority, and our governors? Click here.
Philippians 2:14-16 (NKJV)
14 "Do all things without complaining and disputing,
15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,
16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain."
Thank you for your loyalty to our King, Jesus Christ!
Pastor Vince Marino
Royal Prayer Guards