Pray for (along with physical actions) the homeless; those in despair, on the corner, begging for food, those who are down and out, those who hold the sign that reads, "Need Help!"
Pray for those in your area who are desperate and without shelter. Realize that Jesus would have died to save just one homeless person and give to them the promise of everlasting provision and life.
Showing worth to the homeless who are made in God’s image.
“And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.'” RSV
1. Suggested prayers!
- That God shows mercy for the homeless.
- That the destitute have the “want” to advance, with God’s help.
2. Steps of action!
- Single out at least two people to pray for in the area where you live.
- Begin to pray for them.
- If possible discover a safe way to learn their name. (Ladies be wise and careful)
- Believe God for creativity on what He would have you do for their sake.
- Think of yourself in their situation. What would you need?
- In the days ahead bring them a bag lunch, not money. (Discretion needed)
- Thank God for all organizations that help the homeless.
Reflect on these verses!
"MY BRETHREN, pay no servile regard to people [show no prejudice, no partiality]. Do not [attempt to] hold and practice the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ [the Lord] of glory [together with snobbery]!
For if a person comes into your congregation whose hands are adorned with gold rings and who is wearing splendid apparel, and also a poor [man] in shabby clothes comes in,
And you pay special attention to the one who wears the splendid clothes and say to him, Sit here in this preferable seat! while you tell the poor [man], Stand there! or, Sit there on the floor at my feet!
Are you not discriminating among your own and becoming critics and judges with wrong motives?
Listen, my beloved brethren: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and in their position as believers and to inherit the kingdom which He has promised to those who love Him?" AMP
Pastor Vince Marino
Royal Prayer Guards